Saturday, October 8, 2011

Another Long Day In The Saddle

Another cool morning to begin our ride from Little River, SC to Charleston, SC. As usual I begin my ride wearing my jacket. It will keep me warm as we cycle through the early morning shadows. Notice the palm trees in the background. Yeah, we're not in Maine, New Hampshire or even Vermont baby! We're getting closer to our final destination with each mile, each SAG and each bend in the road!
The start of our ride today took us through Myrtle Beach where we even got to cycle on the Boardwalk because one section of the street was closed off as they set it up for an October Beer Festival. We didn't stop, it was a little early for drinking a beer. At least for some of us!!

We did stop while in Myrtle Beach for a perfect photo opportunity, hence the next picture! Can you blame me for wanting this picture? It is the reason I stay on the shore when I go to the beach! If you've never been to Myrtle Beach, these sharks are all over the town, just waiting to "get ya". But for as much fun as we were having, we had to move on.
At the second SAG, a long line of motorcyclists drove by and came into the parking lot where we were refueling. As we got to talking we found out that these people were out that morning for a charity ride. They were raising money for Breast Cancer. One of our cyclists from XC10 is a Breast Cancer survivor, Jan Lewis. So we thanked them for what they were doing on a cool Saturday morning and for a couple of seconds, I thought that I might trade in my bike for a shiny bike with a motor! Yeah, just for a second and then I was back on my bike for the last 37 miles into Charleston.
It was a great day for our ride, sunny and warm with the wind at our backs...most of the time. So I didn't mind that my bike was self propelled and didn't have a motor. Even if I was on the road for over 6 hours to get to my destination.
After cleaning my bike, doing my wash and getting cleaned up I went into Charleston with Jan, Norm, Bill and Doug. We had a great dinner at A.W. Shucks and then over to listen to Robert, Jan's son play with his Jazz quartet. Robert was excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment