Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm riding in the rain again! Yep, after our beautiful days of cycling in the warm temperatures and sunshine, it was raining again. All the lights on my bike were on and blinking so I got to bring up the rear as we filed out of Beaufort, SC.
I was told this was going to be such a beautiful ride today but because of the rain, my eyes were on the road, the bridges we crossed and on my cue sheet. To the Mom who was out in the rain with her young son in the stroller on the bridge on South Business 21, you might have wanted to stay home today. Way to much rain and heavy winds. As it was, we had to use the sidewalk on the bridge because there were no shoulders on the road across the bridge. Meeting you at the top of the bridge was a bit hairy! What was even hairier was cycling down the other side!!!! Controlled descent with gusty winds, not ideal.
Our final destination for today is Savannah, GA, and another state line crossed, but sorry no state line sign picture because my camera doesn't do "under water" photography! The good news for today is that tomorrow is a rest day!
Hopefully it won't be raining tomorrow so I can explore what Savannah has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment