Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Pearl of the Outer Banks

A rest day in Ocracoke Island. Ocroacoke Island is part of the Cape Hattera National Seashore. We're here during off season which makes it nice because it's like having most of the Island to our selves. Unfortunately, it also made it hard to find a place to have dinner last night. Some places were closed because of Irene which rolled through last month.

No real plans for the day, my wash is done, my bike is clean and I'm looking forward to just relaxing. On our walk to eat breakfast we came across a lovely golden retriever puppy by the name of Chloe. She is quite the traveler and even has her own website that shows pictures of her adventures. We all gave her a pat before heading on to breakfast.



Part of relaxing included sitting on the pier just over looking the bay and watching the Ferry come and go along with watching the birds. Just sitting and relaxing was so nice.

Following a little shopping and sight seeing, I'm back in my room for some rest. So for now I'll close and see you tomorrow when I tell you all about our Ferry ride from Ocracoke Island to Cedar Island where after unloading from the Ferry we'll begin our 86 mile ride to Jacksonville, NC.

Have a great day!










No comments:

Post a Comment